If you're new to practice, the best way to get started is my 7-Day Meditation Challenge. Enter your e-mail in the box on the right, and you'll receive a fresh guided meditation in your inbox each morning for the next week.
Want more information first? Below are the most viewed posts on my site, and some of my favorite mindfulness links from around the web. If you'd like more information about any of these resources, contact me.
Tips & Info
- 5 Tips for Starting a Meditation Practice
- What to Look for in a Teacher
- What is Mindfulness?
- Mindfulness & Attachment Theory
- Five Ways To Come Back Into Balance
- What's All This About Suffering?
Instructions & Guided Meditations
- Instructions & Guided Meditation: Lovingkindness
- Instructions & Guided Meditation: Breath Counting
- Instructions: Noting Feeling States
- NEW! - Guided Meditation: Gratitude
- Guided Meditation: Test Your Concentration
- 4 Simple Mindfulness Practices for Everyday Life (PDF)
Inspiration & Poetry
- There Is Nothing Wrong With You
- This Beautiful Spiral
- Just Say The Thing!
- The Transcendent and the Mundane
- How To Clear Your Mind: A Novel Approach
- Albert Einstein: "The Circle Of Compassion"
- Shinzen Young – My first teacher. A brilliant mind and huge heart, with the most systematic and detailed approach to meditation I have ever experienced.
- CompassionLA – A mindfulness non-profit offering classes and workshops from an assortment of gifted teachers, run by a dear friend Nicholas Brüss.
- Mettagroup – Organization run by fellow teacher George Haas, providing psychology-informed mindfulness programs and retreats.
- Evenflow – Find me on this beautiful new guided meditation app!
Resources from Others
- Getting Started – Mindful.org's helpful and comprehensive guide to starting a meditation practice.
- Fitting Meditation Into a Busy Life – Strategies for making time and space for meditation. From Overcoming MS, a UK-based charity.
- S.T.O.P. Practice – The very popular "STOP" practice, for bringing mindfulness into daily life.
- Atlas of Emotions – Drs. Paul and Eve Ekman teamed up with the Dalai Lama to create this beautiful visual "atlas" of our emotional world.
- Attachment Theory on WikiPedia – an extensive discourse on the history and science of attachment theory.
- Thich Nhat Hanh - The Five Mindfulness Trainings (PDF) – the famous Vietnamese Zen teacher's interpretation of the classical "Five Precepts" of Buddhist ethics.